Education - Grove Hill Further Education Centre
A flexible combination of nationally-accredited courses provides the framework for the delivery of a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum individually tailored to meet each learner’s specific needs.
Courses followed include:
• Oxford/Cambridge Royal Society of Arts, (OCR) Learning & Life Skills;
• Certificate in Adult Literacy (CAL);
• Certificate in Adult Numeracy (CAN);
• ASDAN Further Education Award Scheme;
• Information Technology Qulification (ITQ); and
• GCSE subjects, Level 1 and 2 qualifications may be followed as appropriate.
Individual learning programmes enable learners to improve their performance in the following essential skills:
• communication and social interaction;
• written language and literacy;
• problem-solving and practical work skills;
• independent living; and
• basic enterprise skills.
Learners are encouraged to fulfil their potential through:
• being healthy;
• staying safe;
• enjoying, and achieving in life;
• making a positive commitment to local community and society; and
• attaining economic wellbeing.