Grove Hill Further Education Centre (Sixth Form)
Grove Hill Further Education Centre is our Sixth Form within St Catherine's for the education of learners between the ages of 16 and 19 years who have a speech, language and communication impairment.
Education for young people aged 16 to 19 is offered in separate buildings across from the main school. The centre offers an integrated educational programme which blends vocational and academic courses, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy and independent living skills within a residential setting.Our aim is to provide learners with the opportunity to:
• improve their communicative ability;
• strengthen their learning skills;
• raise their literacy and numeracy competences;
• enjoy a variety of work or vocational experiences; and
• grow in personal and social maturity.